22 August 2011

oh how the days go by.

SB had to go back to work today.  I know for most of humanity 2 weeks is a lot of time off.  In our world, he gets the whole summer.  That's the beauty of being a teacher.  I respect and love teachers.  Good ones, at least-- of which SB is.  But I do not pity them at all.  Summers off.  Weekends off.  Holidays off.  Nights off.  Prep periods off.  Assemblies, games, in-services = off.  My business is a revolving 24/7 door that doesn't even rest on Christmas Day.  I love my job and don't complain-- but I just vote teachers ought not complain, either.  We pick our paths, right? 

But it's not SB complaining anyhow, it's me.  I love our life when we hang out together for weeks on end.  This summer went by way too fast.  Apparently I never even changed my blog header from "Spring Fever" and now autumn is knocking on the door.

Highlights I intend to cover about this summer in the upcoming days:

-Harriet Anne.  Our daughter to be.

-The Bug's 3rd Birthday and all things dinosaurs.

-4 years going strong since we sealed the deal down at the Provo Temple. 

-The float.  Oh the float.  Munched our summer.  But is almost done.  (No, it didn't end with the Pioneer days parade.  When you are in charge of building a float you are in charge of unbuilding the  float.  We are close, but not there yet).

-School= 4.0.  Not too shabby after years off of academia.  One semester wasn't too bad.  10 more years is a bit daunting still.  But it's still my plan most days.

-The search for Susan P.   I'm obsessed.

That's a good start.  Happy Summer.  It's good to be back.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so excited you're back in the blogging world. No offense, but your stake blog wasn't all that fun to check in lieu of missing you on this blog. Jon is also obsessed with Susan Powell's case. I'm still hung up on Jean-Benet myself, but to each their own. (the head investigator of the Jean-Benet case came and spoke at SUU once--it made my life). Anyway, here's hoping we get to see you all soon. Well done on the 4.0!

    ReplyDelete
  2. miss my bcf.
    so much.
    smc tuesday??? i would love it.

    great job on a 4.0.
    too bad wvc needed publicity so they staged a hunt in ely. so mad at wvc police. i know she's alive. somewhere.

    sorry that you think teaching is so easy.

    i miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. me too!!! i have to say, when i saw that search on the news - i thought of you first. well, of her family, too, but you were top of the list! what is the deal with that investigation... where is she? when will they find her?!?! and i'm glad you're back, too my friend. don't ever go away again! or at least not for awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah fo ra blog up date? DO i need to say congrats about baby 3 can't wait to hear more and i always love the updates

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harriet, sweet Harriet. You stole my heart and my cat. Get me off this crazy thing. called love?

    welcome back, the internet is a better place when you add your wittiness to it. I'm sorry you have to still unbuild the float. Can't wait to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm not going to lie, I like when you leave a comment.