18 January 2012

resolute.

That's what I try to be sometimes.  Admirably purposeful, determined, and unwavering.


But it doesn't always work out that way.  I made some great resolutions.  One was to blog at least once a week this year.  Judging by the fact that this is my first post in 2012 and we are already in the third week, I am obviously a little off track.


But I'd be in a really sad place if I let every broken resolution get me down.  January 18th doesn't sound quite as even and fresh as January 1st, but I'm trying to learn to just go with it.  Besides, everybody starts something at the beginning of the year.  But 17 days later makes me way more unique, I am sure of that.


As for the rest of this year's goals?  Here they are, but don't judge me for any of them.


-No chocolate till June.  (chocolate flavor is okay though, have to get my fix somehow so I'll be stocking up on the hot cocoa).


-Play at least one game a week. (we have about a hundred and would like to play them at least once every other year).


-Run as many times a week as the numerical month that is, until June.  (once in January, twice a week in Feb., three times a week in March, etc.)


-3.5 hours a week of gospel study.


-7 hours a week of MCAT study. (till June, then maybe I'll step up the gospel study, so sorry to those that feel I've got my priorities wrong).


-Floss every day.  This is why I inserted the "don't judge" comment.  But I'll be honest, it's still not really a habit 32 years later. Brushing, yes.  But flossing, only occasionally.  Until 2012 rolled around.


-Take a vitamin everyday and give them to my kids


-Apply to Medical School by early August, hopefully Aug. 1st.


-Set a routine for my kids and stick to it.


-Read 3 novels by the end of the summer.  (won't get to start this until late June since my reading is focused near solely on physical sciences, biological sciences, and verbal reasoning).


-Organizational goals that are too lengthy to write about, and so numerous they become the least achievable of any of these goals.


-take more pictures of my cute kids.


-post the pictures. because that's the whole reason I have a blogging goal-- to have some kind of history of our family.


-eat healthier as a family.  (SO cliche.  and so immeasurable.  but not hard to do, just about anything would be healthier I think).


oh the goals go on and on.  but there's a start.  Our goal as a family this whole year is:"Organize Yourselves..." (ref. D&C 88:119).   (we actually decided it might take us a lifetime to get where we really want to be, but we're starting this year)  


And we know it's going to be a good year because 32 is my favorite number and 12 is my lucky number and I am 32 in '12 so we imagine good things await. 


I haven't actually started taking pictures much this year so far, but here are some kid pics we got 2 days after Harry Berry was born.  So sweet.
















5 comments:

  1. So cute! I don't envy your studying for the MCAT, but I hope it goes super well for you! It would be awesome to have a doctor in the family. Free dentist work from Ben, free pediatrics from Leslie....I'm totally kidding (about the free part, not about you being cool for becoming a doctor).

    ReplyDelete
  2. goal for G and J and H: play-dates with Z at least monthly.
    (I admit, that one is a little selfish on my part.)

    I love the idea of running as many times per week based as the month that it is. But what happens after June?

    I love those pictures SO MUCH. next time Mr. B has a deal, you let me know.

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. B = Brody Dezember i presume.

    Remember how i love Journ aka Amy Choate/Nielsen? Love her.

    Anyway. I think that you are off to a good start. Harry Barry = my favorite nic name of all time.
    I love you running. I don't know how. Really, like i don't know how. please teach me, idol.
    Remember med school. i love it. and i love reading non-mcat books. like i'm obsessive. do you have any suggestions for me? i need a few. also, ruby wants to know if her cousins can play sometimes soon. and we can chat. and i can hold ms. barry.

    and, please don't post pictures of your kids. or i will steal them. because i love them. and i'm related. imagine what the real creeeps will do? jk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for an awesome blog post...and those pictures of your kids are adorable.every one of them is beyond cute. I love it. Can't wait to see you blogging again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How in the heck did George grow up into such a man so fast? I just happened to be looking at pictures the other day from his baby shower and I can't believe you already have two more. BEAUTIFUL pictures!!! So many good emotions captured. Love the outfits and accessories you picked for all of them too-- you're always so good at that.

    Love your goals and impressed that you set some at all (I totally didn't). I'm totally judging you for not flossing daily. I've mastered the habit of flossing once a month. Really, Les, really....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm not going to lie, I like when you leave a comment.