03 February 2011

diary of a wimpy girl.

I have nothing left in me to think about posting on this blog.  My head hurts and it kind of burns when I breathe.  If I breathe too deep I start to cough.  My muscles feel tired and are sure to be stiff come morning.  I didn't go donate blood tonight as I had signed up to do in order to conserve energy for the big game.  (they never let me give blood anyhow-- they think I'm carrying mad cow disease or something from days spent in England).

  It was my first, quite possibly last, of the season.  I decided to show up for my women's ball game.  I played all of 8 minutes.  That's not an exaggeration.

And I
am
pooped.
All those things I said about the way I feel are true.  After EIGHT minutes of playing basketball.

Time to get this tuckered heart exercising.  Someday.


The upside?  There was an "I love Lester" note etched into the road-salt grime that's caked on our incredibly filthy car & a SoBe sugar water drink sitting on the roof of the driver's side... So I quickly replenished the 20 calories I must have burned on the court (and filled up with the 200 plus others for any games to come).  The refreshing beverage took care of the nasty "blood lung" taste in my mouth as well.  (if you've ever exercised when you've been in as poor of shape as I am you know about blood lung).

Thanks SB,  for the sur-prise.

And in case you are wondering-- which you probably are-- we won.  I scored 3 points.  I missed quite a few more.

Good night. I've got to go rest these old muscles and joints.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm not going to lie, I like when you leave a comment.