02 March 2011

Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner... Lots of Luck Day #2

A little over a year ago SB & I went to Chick-fil-a via the drive through and ordered a peppermint shake.  (Amongst other things, I am sure) ... We enjoyed it top to bottom... but as we neared the nethermost depths of the ice cream treat-- the part where you might find larger chunks of candy cane and tip the cup to get it all in one mouthful,  we found our lucky surprise.

I wish I had a picture.

I don't even know what to call the surprise besides a "big chunk of shake-machine parts."  A rubbery tip and a hard/plastic-y tube thing, all full of peppermint pieces.

We were home by this point and it was late and we weren't going back.  Besides, the shake was gone, so we weren't about to demand a new one.  But I kept the 'part'- I don't even know what the 'part' did, but I have to think if the car behind us at the drive-through ordered a peppermint malt to-go, the Chick-fil-a employee had to realize a 1-inch X 3-inch piece of the machine was gone.

We left it in the console of our car.  For weeks and weeks.  I never thought about it until I was driving and would look down and see it.  I intended on giving it back to rightful owner-- I just don't frequent the restaurant.

But a couple of months later I finally went back.  And I remembered to bring the 'part' with me.

I ordered my lunch and a couple of kids meals for the children.  And then I pulled the, you know-- thing-- out of my purse, held it up, and questioned: "have you been missing this...part?"

I think they were embarrassed.  That was not my intent.  But needless to say they gave me my whole lunch free, insisted I order a new shake and then when I was sitting down the manager brought over some passes for 2 more family visits to Chick-fil-a.

Almost as good as a Willy Wonka golden ticket.  Or a cereal sweepstakes box.  "Check this cup to see if you have the missing shake maker part and win 3 free Chicken Dinners for you and your family."

Pretty lucky, right?...


2 comments:

  1. ok, I love that you picked up on the "things i'm thankful for" posts in november and "things i love" posts in february. it's so true! BUT - i must say i've never seen lucky 17 posts in march before, and it's a great idea. look at you starting trends in the blogging world already! haha. that is a brilliant idea to think of all the ways we're lucky. and I'M lucky to have you as my friend. (ps, you making corned beef again on st. paddy's day?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh out loud. I don't know if the stories are as funny as you telling them makes it, but I am rolling reading all of these. "Check this cup to see if you have the missing shake maker part and win 3 free Chicken Dinners for you and your family"... I love it. I thought you were going to say that you and Matt started putting the shake part into other drinks you made as a little surprise. Maybe next time. (next time you find blender parts in your food, cause it just happens so much). I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm not going to lie, I like when you leave a comment.