04 December 2012

12/3 - Year in Review... Just in Case.

Just in case I fail myself in the Christmas countdown (NOT saying I will. But I've failed before) but I really just want to get something -- anything-- down in history about our little story. So for day 3 of the countdown I will say other holidays are pretty great too. Here are some highlights of 2012 in the order I find and upload the pictures.:

Jane turned 3. Princess/Fancy Nancy Party. Too bad I only took pictures of the cupcakes and not the princess. (at least that I can find- my bad).

She was also fancy nancy for Halloween. Only a little fancier this time.

George wanted to be a vulture. Couldn't find a costume so SB made one. Handy to have an artist. 

Got a car that works. Merry Christmas and happy every holiday to all of us.





Kids love the snow. Minus the H-bear. She likes to be in her little chariot. But we're hoping for a white Christmas at this house. We love it.


Halloween lady bug. love love love her.




there we go. Thanks to slaphappysteph and hayshood@hotmail.com I've got the Fancy Nancy B-day bash. thanks friends who blog and photog better than I ever will.  And thanks gramma ox for being my best lady that I ever knew. 

the bug was not without his own b-day characters. Scooby came. Everyone was pretty leery of snugglin' up for a picture but knowing SB was inside I didn't mind as much.




fancy cousins/sisters





For the big v-day I made peanutbutter chocolately goodness for SB. And a mug. It was supposed to be year of the home-made. But I can't remember if that lasted past Valentine's. But we always have a family candlelight dinner and family dance-off in the basement. May get awkward as the kids age, but right now we like it.

As for other holidays, I'm tired and can't look up more pictures. But we have fun. Corned beef and cabbage for St. Paddy's with our Irish everything as we remember it from our missions place settings, set to Irish tunes that still play throughout the year on random i-tune/i-pod/i-phone/ i-amstevejobsandgotitrighteverything mixes. 

Fourth of July and Pioneer day. No float to build was kind of nice. Just your average festivities for the fourth. But loved it. Lots of MCAT for the 24th, not as fun. But Wicked with Matt's whole family the next day was quite nice:

(only proof that I really went. but this is actually at dinner before, not at Capitol Theatre)

oh ya. and LOTS of green this summer with camp.




all things turkey was a success at Thanksgiving. Jaynie talked everyone into lots more flowers and sparkles and feathers on this little activity except Matt. Just one flower was all she could talk him into. He's usually the pushover in the fam. But not when it comes to art apparently. Even if it's the preschool art project. 

What else, what else. There's Black Friday. But enough to be said about that to warrant it's own post. 

With the exception of just a few details, I guess that brings me back to Christmas this year. Merry Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm not going to lie, I like when you leave a comment.