09 December 2012

12/9 gifts you can't wrap.


I came across these helpful tips in this month's New Era. I like the suggestions. So I'm copying them here (in paraphrase). But in case you still need a gift you can wrap, stay tuned for the next post. I plan to add my $.02 on gift giving. Even if it's not worth that much.


-Service (clean house, cook a meal, do the dishes, improve the yard).
-Family Time (play a game, be on time to family things, talk and listen to a family member, read the scriptures/pray together, plan a family activity).
-Commitment (commit to do something that you've wanted to do or quit something you've always wanted to quit-- stick to it. Save money, prepare for a big/important event in your life).
- Attitude (have a positive attitude, refrain from pointing out flaws, write a thank you letter, say thank you for even the small things, resolve a conflict without anger or argument, make a list of your blessings as a result of someone else in your life).
I already confessed about my lack in the Service department. But family time is best yet this holiday and I'm loving it. Commitment, well, I have a lot I ought to commit to... but this blog countdown-- that's something! And attitude = I'm happy most times. Of course there's plenty of room for improvement. Probably too much of a cynic. 

Side note. Tonight we had delicious ham dinner thanks to Jared and Jana. They sent us home with two full hams and a TON of sausage links.  All farm fresh. They get payment all the time in farm goods. He's like a cow gynecologist of sorts. But it's so cool to me. It's like the good ole' days. I think that's why it tasted so good. It skipped the store altogether-- just one hard worker to another... to a lucky recipient. 

It felt just like a Sunday Holiday meal should. With yummy peppermint dessert thanks to the Nielsen's. Thanks all y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Nobody does Sunday dinner, or any dinner, like you. You are the consummate hostess. Jimmy liked it so much it made him feel bad that you always have to cook. So he wanted me to let you know we'll bring one of his world class lasagnes next time. Deal? Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm not going to lie, I like when you leave a comment.