06 December 2012

12/6 - Old Saint Nic... and the society.


 Here are the pictures with the jolly old fella I intended to post yesterday till they had to travel to the North Pole and back before I could get them… Given Jaynie’s bruised fat lip, George’s taking scissors to her hair in 4 different places (that I’ve discovered so far, true story) and kids that were all asleep in the car before we arrived on scene—they didn’t turn out too shabby.










And in other Christmas news I went to the Relief Society dinner tonight. Matt practically begged me to go. I think he fears my activity level. Or maybe that I don’t have friends in the ward. But I do. I like the majority of the society, and the rest I tolerate fine. Maybe no besties yet, but it’s only been 4.5 years.
Alright, I confess. I’ve made very little effort in this ward to make friends or to be a friend or even be social at all. And I think my attitude suffers for it. But (as much as I hate to admit it) Matt was right, when I do go to “functions” I usually have a nice time.
And tonight I had a nice time, lovely even. And lovely is a lovely word that the Brits would say all the time when I lived there. hmmmm.  My heart enjoyed the humor. I love good humor. My body enjoyed the food. Mostly the dessert because I had already eaten before I committed to going. And the message was good for my soul. Another thing I don’t like to admit, but right now I think I could use some repair. I suppose that’s what this whole Jesus thing is about, though. Despite the holes in my faith, I’m very grateful for that Babe in Bethlehem.   And for those who fear that I admit I’ve got some missing pieces, don’t worry, He’s working with me. Together I think we’ve got this. Precept upon precept. Line upon line. Here a little, there a little. 

Until the perfect day.  See Moroni 7:48. It's my favorite.


2 comments:

  1. I love good humor too. Last night was an excellent time to fill up the ol' humor bucket! My napkin was covered in mascara that I kept wiping from my face. And for the record, I think you are awesome and I consider you a great friend so I'm super glad Matt begged you to come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My

    Happy surprise to see you blogging again...really just curious about the prego test...what's the word?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm not going to lie, I like when you leave a comment.